Otis

Otis

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

How Low Can you Go....

Ok, it's been a while I know. But I've been so busy with my new career. Oh yes. I am now a 50 year old intern. In the entertainment industry no less. Where youth is prized above intelligence.

I'd like to share some of my experiences here.

I admit, where I'm interning now is not my first. For several weeks I was working in the office of a very prestigious and prolific producer (ah alliteration!). of course I never met him. or his partner. Even though his office was across the hall from mine. Well, not mine, but the "interns" office which was really a large storage room for files and photos of producer with Oliver Stone or Jon Voight or someone.

I was so excited when I received the email. "Come in to meet. No need to dress up." Like anyone in Hollywood dresses up for work. Except maybe agents. So I met with the CE (creative executive for those not in the biz) and without looking at me he asked me what I wanted to do with my life.

I could have been his mother.

Uhhh, I want to produce. (Direct. Write)

Yeah, what days?

How about.....

(Could you have said....)

Sure. Works for me.

And I'm hired. or whatever happens when you're not getting paid.

OMG---I'm a Hollywood INTERN!!!!!!

No comments: